Clinton County Historical Society, Inc. & Historical
- Sept 15, 1921
- The Clinton County Historical Society was established.
- March 19, 1976
- Circa 1980
- The Historical Museum was given a permanent home. Prior to Old Stoney,
artifact were housed in the attic of the courthouse and later on the
basement level (now first floor) where the Commissioners office is now
- June 1980
- The museum occupied three rooms on the second floor of Old Stoney
- Circa 1991
- A major fund raising campaign began for an
elevator in Old Stoney.
- January 4,1994
The Society established new by-laws and a Board of Directors became the
governing body for the organization.
- April 1996 Historical Society is given a 99 year lease for the
second floor of Old Stoney
- October 1997
Foundation for restoring and repairing three telephones and a telephone
switchboard from the former Geetingsville telephone company
renovation of established the Museum in 8,500 sq. ft. ( second floor.)
Donation from Helen Derrick Woodruff Smith made possible the
20-seat schoolroom completed in 1999.
The Archives were established combining the Ruch Memorial Library
(donation from Ruth Derrick Ruch and some archives from the courthouse.
- Sept 14, 1999
Open House was extended to County Elementary Teachers and Middle
School Teachers and Home Schoolers to visit the. Museum to see what could
be offered to the students in the County.
- Clinton County Historical Society and Museum posts it's first Internet
Grant from the Lilly Foundation was given to the Society for the museum
- October 1999
- A Grant of $1,500 from the Clinton County Community Foundation was
given to the Sycamore Girl Scout Council in collaboration with the Clinton
County Historical Society and Historical Museum the projects of Docent
training, needle craft and Oral histories of Clinton County. The Girls have an opportunity to learn first hand the history of Clinton County
residents at the same time preserve the rich heritage of the county.
- Book Signing for Robert Bracken
"Straws In The Wind"
Lifetime collections of writings
A Time Capsule of World War II Third Service Command
United States Army.
- September 14, 2002
- New redesigned Website is posted
- September 21, 2002
- CCHSM Open House
- Recognizing contributions of Volunteers
- July 2003
Historical Society signs contract with Turner Publishing Company for County
Pictorial and Family History Book. The book will include a
music CD with samples music from the Counties many musical residents past and
- September 2003
- Collecting in any format experiences of Veterans during their
military service for the purpose of preserving their stories.
- October 2003
Pre selling Pictorial and Family History Book $53.50
Collecting Family Histories and Photographs for Book
January 2004 Expanded
exhibit and office space
May 2004 Named new County Historian Joan Cox Bohm
October 2004 Nickle Plate of Frankfort, Indiana
Blanket Throws $39.95